‘El Nuevo Mundo’ -‘The New World’- is a bilingual book in English and Spanish by Elena Tognoli, an Italian artist who spent several months as a volunteer in Peru with Project Peru in 2007. Her book focuses on the children’s words and illustrations and includes:
• A report on the activities she ran between July and October 2007 at our refuge for children in Lima.
• A story written and illustrated by the children from the refuge in the shanty towns of Lima describing their life in their own words.
We have a limited number of copies of this book on sale at £10.00.
If you would like a copy please let us know by sending a cheque payable to ‘Project Peru’ and giving us your postal address, or email us for more information. firstname.lastname@example.org
The book is in English and Spanish – a bilingual, double-sided book http://www.elenatognoli.eu/El-Nuevo-Mundo
We have had some very positive comments:
• ‘It is amazing and we are looking forward to sharing it with our children. It brings the refuge to life – as one who has never been. The words and pictures are beautiful-it really is wonderful to have a copy….our interest in Project Peru will never diminish.’
• ‘It brought tears to my eyes –it’s beautiful.’
• ‘…and, as you suggest, it may be useful to revise my Spanish. It is a wonderful book and well worth the money.’
• ‘… it’s really beautiful and I love the way it’s written.’
• ‘I think it’s fantastic and will show it around to everyone!’
• ‘Much love and congrats to Elena for such a beautiful and unique piece of work.’
• ‘I love it – a really great production’
• ‘It looks amazing and gives such insight. I will use it to get folk interested.’
• ‘The book is lovely and brought back some wonderful memories.’