Inca Trail Sponsored Treks
From time to time, people trek the Inca Trail to raise funds for Project Peru. Sometimes they combine this with a stint as a volunteer or just visit us at the refuge to see some of the work they have been supporting.
If you are planning to do the Inca Trail and would like raise funds this way for Project Peru, please get in touch. If you want to sponsor a trekker and support our refuge you can use any of the donation links on this page, email, or telephone +44 (0) 1483 576093 for details of how to raise sponsorship.
The Inca Trail
Peru’s best-known trek leads through the Andes above the Urubamba River, following (at least partly) the course of an old Inca roadway, combining visits to archaeological sites, amazing mountain scenery and lush cloud forests, with the highlight of reaching the unforgettable site of Machu Picchu.
It is necessary to book this in advance. The Inca Trail is very overbooked at times, and all permits can be sold out as visitor numbers and the permitted length of any of these visits are limited; there are alternative routes to Machu Picchu recommended by the Cusco Institute of Cultural Heritage such as the Salkantay trek as well as the Lares trek, both of which take you to Machu Picchu.
Project Peru can help you to arrange any of these treks as well as other visits in the Cusco region or in other parts of Peru such as Puno and Lake Titicaca, the Arequipa area and the Colca Canyon, or the Peruvian rainforest. We have good, reliable local contacts in Cusco both for arranging the treks themselves and for accommodation, transport and for other visits in the area. This would help both to ensure that your costs are less and that more of what you spend stays in the local economy.
Fabulous Peru & the other reality
• Really prefer to trek past poverty in Peru … or enjoy helping us to go on helping Peru?
Or would you?
• Raise sponsorship for Project Peru from your Inca trail or other Peruvian adventure? We can provide all the necessary support, sponsor forms, online giving facilities, information leaflets and fact sheets.
• Give Project Peru a regular donation by Gift Aid?
• Take time off from your adventure to visit Project Peru’s refuge to see the work you would be supporting?
• Help Project Peru in any other way after your return?
For more information, contact Project Peru on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)1483 576093
Thinking about volunteering with Project Peru?